Skip to main content

Review: Love in the Castle Library - In the Castle Library #2

Love in the Castle Library book cover on blue background

What a special gift to be able to read Love in the Castle Library by Ann Swindell following the first book in the series, Christmas in the Castle Library. Having the mystery fresh on my mind made me even more eager to learn what was next for the Lost Queen, with this book answering more questions (and inspiring new ones!). Now I'm excited for the next installment to find out more in this series 😊

Book Synopsis

Predictability and efficiency have marked Delphine DuVert’s orderly life as Castle Stewardess in the small European country of Lethersby—until she is tasked by the monarchy to hire a British researcher. Lethersby needs help solving the 100-year-old mystery of their Lost Queen, a young royal who disappeared into the night during World War I.

Delphine’s split-second decision to hire Jack Worthington, a doctoral student at the University of Oxford, has long-lasting consequences when he steps in to protect her from an angry colleague determined to ruin her life. The only catch? That protection looks like Jack posing as her beau. Delphine hesitantly accepts Jack’s offer—and finds her heart being stripped of every predictable and efficient emotion she’s ever had.

Jack Worthington believes that his instinct to protect Delphine was the right one, even if it means posing as her boyfriend. But he’s determined to stay focused on his research for Lethersby—and to keep his emotional distance after reeling from a broken heart. Yet as the clues to discovering the Lost Queen’s story unravel and the court case determining Delphine’s fate looms, both Delphine and Jack must step out in faith, choosing to trust that what God has ahead for them is more valuable than the lives they thought they wanted.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

After reading this book, all I can say is, c'était un pur plaisir! I adore that Delphine is understood in her heart language and that Jack is the right man to care for her past hurts through God’s help and love. Getting little glimpses into Delphine’s vulnerabilities when she slips into French makes this book even more special to read, especially with the Bible providing a healing salve for her wounds. Seeing Jack and Delphine encourage one another through the Word is such a joy as we get to grow spiritually alongside them. It is no wonder that the In the Castle series is highly lauded, exemplifying a Christian faith that is embedded into all aspects of storytelling.

The mystery behind the disappearing queen is an enthralling adventure holding readers' attention with continual twists and turns that relies on God's revelation. Jack is an enigmatic hero who humbly stewards the gifts he has been given, and Delphine is a warm and empathetic leader who never has to resort to an ice queen persona. Together, this book radiates Christ's love in every small and large gesture. Readers looking for Christian fiction that invites you to become more rooted in the Bible will adore Love in the Castle Library as it points to God's sovereignty and the blessings He lavishes on His children.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: October 9, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabilit...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...