Skip to main content

Review: The Road Unveiled - Bicycle Adventures #2

The Road Unveiled book cover on blue background

If you've had the opportunity to read The Persistent Road by Tim Bishop, The Road Unveiled is the second book in the Bicycle Adventures series where you can follow along for an up-close look at trekking across America with nothing but the wind and the open road. It's a book that will keep you guessing until the end as you get to enjoy the scenic beauty of American national parks.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Content to be aware of: violence, assault, kidnapping, removal of clothing (not main characters)

Book Synopsis

Two wounded hearts. Long, winding roads. And second chances neither saw coming.

Lauren Baumgartner pedals toward Yellowstone National Park, anticipating a grand celebration when she reaches the Atlantic Ocean. But when her wedding plans collapse, old wounds resurface—and a haunting secret still holds her heart hostage.

Traveling alone with bear spray and a one-woman tent, she shares the highway with motorcyclists bound for a massive rally, including gang members who eye her as theirs for the taking.

Doug Zimmer, another lone cyclist, is grappling with loss and wondering if anyone will be alongside him when he figures out what’s next. He isn’t the only one drawn to Lauren’s vitality and spirit.

But Lauren may already be in too deep. What she faces on the Golden Prairie Indian Reservation tests her courage—and her faith—more than anything she encountered as a missionary in Uganda.

A woman with a secret and a man healing from loss pedal the rugged roads of the American West on a quest for love and purpose that leads to unexpected horizons.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This book is the continuation of The Persistent Road, a bicycling travelogue across the United States for Doug Zimmer and Lauren Baumgartner. In it, we encounter all sorts of danger, including those of the wild and those from people who may wish to do harm to travellers. It's a harrowing adventure amongst moments of solitude where the main characters have time to think about what's most important in life while battling the elements face-to-face. Along the way, we meet an assortment of characters, ranging from those divinely appointed to bring aid to those with nefarious purposes. If anything, the fortitude to travel on a bicycle through difficult terrains requires much prayer and resiliency.

The Road Unveiled is not afraid to tackle topics that Christians may shy away from as reality collides with theological beliefs in the starkest of ways on the open road. It doesn't refrain from offering truth when circumstances are dire, and it's a gritty look at how people can live. If you're looking for a book that offers tough choices, danger, and the realization that we cannot live life on our own, Doug and Lauren's story is memorable and will leave you thinking about those we might not observe when we pass by others in vehicles.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

  1. So looking forward to the release of the Road Unveiled as with the Persistent Road , I'll travel every mile with the travelers as they explore the scenic highways and how God is guiding them each mile. Tim has an excellent way of bringing true feeling to the written word,
    Prayers and blessings to all who share the message we will all receive as we journey thru this next novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Yes, this book is certainly an adventure that relies on God during every step of the way. I agree that Tim is able to make you feel like you're right with the cyclists!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing. I appreciate the thought you put into your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to read this book! It's quite the journey you take us on :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...