Skip to main content

Review: The Biblio Diet

The Biblio Diet book cover on blue background

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe.

Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way.

In this book, you’ll receive powerful insight on:

  • Intermittent fasting for any experience level
  • A daily eating plan that will fuel your body and expand your dietary horizons
  • Meats, veggies, fruits, dairy, spices, salts, and oils that are vital for a truly healthy lifestyle
  • Cancer-fighting nutrition and wellness secrets
  • The best tactics to beat depression and anxiety and improve mental health
  • Common foods in your fridge or pantry that can reduce pain and boost your immune system
  • An easy-to-follow 7-day meal plan (with shopping list)
  • 12 new biblically inspired recipes

Experience health and freedom like you never have before when you learn to live the Bibliotarian way.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

I appreciated the opportunity to read this book as it confirmed most of the same information I've read on this topic elsewhere regarding food, fat, and conventional eating. What made this book stand out was that it provided helpful summaries in breaking down the different types of food by clearly explaining what to avoid and what to seek out. By avoiding common medical jargon, it made the subject of nutrition approachable and attainable. The biblical references throughout the book served as an ongoing reminder that our bodies are created by God and that our Creator knows best what will allow us to flourish and what could be inhibiting our health. It was nice to see Christian health professionals profess their faith openly and acknowledge that God is the source of wisdom and truth.

While the diet and exercise portions of this book contained useful knowledge, I struggled with some of the content on mindsets and declarative prayer as those seemed to border on New Apostolic Reformation thinking the way they were presented. I was also uneasy regarding the treatments for cancer, so I really found the value of this book to be in the first half of it. I would be curious to learn more from reviewers who may be health professionals as I would not be coming from a place of expertise. Even if I don't end up adopting all of the changes advocated for in The Biblio Diet, I'm thankful I can have a better understanding of what our bodies need. Christians who are interested in nutrition will find the explanations on what to eat and why to be informative as presented from a biblical perspective.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 🎧
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍 if you enjoy books on nutrition

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: October 9, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabilit...