Skip to main content

Review: A Moment That Sparked Infinity

A Moment That Sparked Infinity book cover on blue background

Imagine seeing yourself reflected in an art piece at the museum and discovering that it's been you all along. This scene kicks off quite the time travel scenario where infinite possibilities can exist at the same time. A Moment That Sparked Infinity by Dannica Mae Howell ponders this theory, plus so much more as Melody and Will discover what it means to belong together throughout time.

Content to be aware of: descriptive kissing, an overnight stay, mild profanity, additional minor editing required for clarity/grammar

Book Synopsis

Melody and Will discover a mysterious painted portrait of themselves from the 15th century displayed inside their town's museum. This discovery leads them to raise questions and concerns about their current reality. Soon, they discover their true identities. Everything around them gradually escalates when a third party sparks chaos, love, and jealousy. While trying to put the pieces together, these determined individuals rely on their faith in God to help them overcome these obstacles.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This story about simulations colliding into each other to create an alternate reality was as engrossing as it was intriguing. I enjoyed the main characters and wanted to find out how they became trapped in an ongoing loop of scenarios. The physics and psychology behind this book were compelling, and I liked thinking through all of the factors described, including the coding and the intended usage of the technology created in the story. What I loved most was how well it conveyed the ongoing presence and omnipotence of God in a way that was delightfully creative while engaging the imagination.

As a result, this science fiction novel was intellectually and emotionally riveting in taking readers along on quite the historical and futuristic journey. It helped that the main characters were likeable and demonstrated strong ethics while trapped in circumstances beyond their control. I appreciated the author's intention in writing such a unique story about the human mind, free will, and selfless love while exploring the perils of self-sufficiency, obsession, and entitlement. If you enjoy reading a tale with a balance of mathematics and storytelling, A Moment That Sparked Infinity is an adventure that combines feats of engineering with the feats of God's love and provision.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...