Skip to main content

Review: The Lonely Prince - Red Fairy & Fox Adventures #2

The Lonely Prince book cover on blue background

I have such a soft spot for Queen Red and Fox, so I was quite keen to find out what happens to them next! The Lonely Prince, the next book in the Red Fairy and Fox Adventures series by Courtney Denelsbeck, releases on August 31, 2024. If you enjoy YA fiction that takes an allegorical spin like the Chronicles of Narnia, you are in for a treat!

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Rumors of Magic. A dark, cursed kingdom. And a trapped prince.

“Was it absurd to think their queen had magic? It didn’t seem any more absurd than believing she had wings. The truth was he wanted to believe it. He needed to.”

Oliver dreams of freedom, for himself and his country. His enemies live in luxury, while his kingdom is cursed in darkness. When rumors of the fairy queen reach his borders, he decides it's time to escape his prison and home.

Red tries her best to be the queen her people need, but the threat of invasion has her wanting to run and hide. Oliver demands she help his kingdom, but Red doesn’t understand why she’d want to. She only wants to end the war between their kingdoms and have life return to normal. Oliver and Red change each other’s worlds forever, just not in the way they were expecting.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

Courtney Denelsbeck does it again with her masterful world building as we return to Lusolis and gain a better understanding of their neighbouring kindgom and rival, Tennebris. I loved getting to see Queen Red grow in her leadership abilities while enjoying the spunkiness of Fox as he plays the role of her faithful sidekick. Prince Oliver is a complex character, and though we are introduced to him quite quickly, it is evident that he will play a significant role in the futures of Lusolis and Tennebris.

More importantly, this book delves into the characters being able to interact with the Creator, bringing the story to life through such a powerful spiritual allegory. I was mesmerized by how the Creator's world defined this story, with some of the most worshipful scenes I have encountered. If you've read Red Fairy and Fox, reading The Lonely Prince is an absolute must. I can't imagine this series continuing in any other way, and am eagerly looking forward to the next book so that I can return to the special world of pond jumping, clever animals, and sacrificial servanthood.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...