Skip to main content

Review: Fear Full

Fear Full book cover on blue background

Fear is a topic that is usually brought up among Christians in that we're reminded not to fear. However, the fear of the Lord is also a teaching that is found throughout the Bible. Reconciling these two types of fears, Fear Full by Ryan McIntosh seeks to help Christians appreciate and understand the beauty and power of fear in a new light.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

What do you know about the fear of God?

This book is a journey of discovering biblical and beautiful fear of the Lord. We must crave a proper fear of God if we are to live the Christian life that God desires for us. Using truths straight from the Bible, Ryan McIntosh defines the fear of the Lord, gives life applications, discusses God-centered fear as it relates to the Trinity, and offers valuable commentary on what Scripture tells us about fearing God. You are invited to feast on what it means to fear the Lord, and to draw near to a God worth fearing.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This is an excellent book that delves into the topic of what it means to fear the Lord in a logical and accessible manner. I appreciate that Ryan McIntosh makes the distinction between healthy fear and unhealthy fear, further clarifying whether our fear is founded upon God’s greatness or chastisement, or a lack of recognition of Him altogether. The biblical examples that illustrate these fears are straightforward and highlight how we may respond to God based on the situations in our life. Central to this whole book is the premise that it matters that we fear God, why we should fear Him, and how this fear affects our walk with Him. What makes this book stand out is the practical application component, especially as it relates to the Trinity and how we can approach God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Concise yet compelling, Fear Full is solid in its exposition and approachable by making the concepts relatable to anyone desiring to grow closer to God. This book is a gift for systematic readers who enjoy seeing how the points connect to each other with a natural flow that circles back to the main arguments laid out. In presenting information in an easy-to-grasp manner, it’s a call to Christians to fear the Lord for all the right reasons by examining what the Bible has to say about it, while exhorting Christians to “fear not” at the same time. Anyone interested in a deeper look into the fear of the Lord will enjoy this book and its accompanying appendices that invite further study and reflection.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...