Skip to main content

Review: The Honeymoon Express

The Honeymoon Express book cover on blue background

I'm probably not the only reader who enjoys novellas, so I'm thankful that I get to share some stellar ones I've come across lately, including The Honeymoon Express by Susanne Dietze. I've enjoyed her novellas so much that I've actually read four of them in less than a month!

Book Synopsis

Ellen, a telegrapher and jilted bride, and Nash, a mysterious frontiersman, may be total strangers, but they both need to get from New Jersey to California, fast...and the only way is to share the last ticket-for-two aboard The Honeymoon Express, a transcontinental train trip intended for honeymooners.

Neither relishes the idea of traveling amongst canoodling lovebirds, considering both of their hearts are broken beyond repair, but the guarantee of a speedy trip is worth the temporary arrangement. But once they're thrown together, they stumble into a mystery to solve before the end of the line...and perhaps the possibility of healing and love.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This was a lovely novella by Susanne Dietze that involved romance, sleuthing, and adventure. I enjoyed seeing Ellen and Nash make the most out of an awkward situation and just how well they complemented each other in their skills, temperaments, and most importantly, their Christian faith. I loved that they weren't afraid to pray and ask God for help in the midst of trying circumstances beyond their understanding and control.

The author did an incredible job in giving both main characters, along with the supporting characters, fleshed-out personalities in such a short story. Along with the suspenseful elements involved, the historical details were fun and rich to read, helping me feel like I was also riding along on The Honeymoon Express. This is a captivating story that will make you want to travel by train, especially with people as kind as Ellen and Nash.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...