Skip to main content

Review: A Heart Most Faithful

A Heart Most Faithful book cover on blue background

As part of the Restful August Challenge, I'm delighted that I've been able to dive into a new Regency novella from Carolyn Miller, which is available for free. Not only is A Heart Most Faithful a great introduction to some of her historical series, but it also sets readers up for a new series to come!

Book Synopsis

A kiss, a dance, and a second chance...

After an embarrassing encounter in a London ballroom, Miss Anne Talbot has tried to put Lieutenant Peter Colborne far from mind. His behaviour, as inexplicable as it was reprehensible, has left her certain her fate is spinsterhood, and is determined to protect her all-too-eager younger sister from making a similar mistake. But when a family emergency demands she return with her mother and sister to their Leicestershire village, she is shocked to discover that perhaps Mr. Colborne hadn't forgotten her at all...

A brand new Regency novella involving second chances, glimpses of beloved characters, and an aspiring female novelist with an eye for romance.

Source: BookFunnel

Book Thoughts

What a precious novella where we get to meet Anne and Peter. I love their story and their desire to be faithful to God above all else. The words about how our hearts are fickle and can lead us astray indicate just how in tune they are to the Father's will, making this story both memorable and charming. I appreciate that both characters can admit to their faults as they acknowledge the past and look to the future with hope and love. If you're looking for a great introduction to the rest of Carolyn Miller's Regency books, A Heart Most Faithful sets the tone in welcoming readers to stories of faith where the presence of Jesus can be felt between the pages.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: šŸ“±
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: šŸ‘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...