Skip to main content

Review: Blind Date with the Hero - Heroes of Freedom Ridge #18

Blind Date with the Hero book cover on blue background

It feels so bittersweet now that I'm finished the Heroes of Freedom Ridge series! When I first started, I wasn't sure if I could make it through all 18 books, but what a pleasure and delight it has been to get to know the town and its stories so thoroughly. Reading Blind Date with the Hero was both exciting and wistful; however, I'm thankful I got to travel to Freedom, Colorado this past year and get to know so many great authors!

Book Synopsis

She’s on a series of blind dates, but all she can think about is her Secret Santa…

Alexis would rather skinny dip in a snowbank than make good on the bet she lost. Ten blind dates? As though the holidays weren’t hard enough, now she has to sit at awkward Christmas parties with men who were more likely to be intimidated by her military experience than infatuated. At least her Secret Santa was keeping things interesting.

K9 Specialist Jared Keen couldn’t believe his luck when he got his best friend’s name in the Secret Santa pool. After years of wishing he could tell Alexis how he felt, this is his chance to show her instead. At the same time, he just needs to convince her that their friendship can handle the pressure outside the friendzone, and pray that one of her ridiculous blind dates doesn’t derail his plan.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This is the last book of the Heroes of Freedom Ridge series, and what an ending it is! This book delivers all of the warm and fuzzy feelings associated with romance and reminds readers why they fell in love with the people of Freedom, Colorado in the first place. Seeing so many characters mentioned is a thoughtful nod to earlier books, and the story itself is sheer bliss. As I was reading about Jared and Alexis, I couldn't help but root for things to work out for them. This is not only a charming story with secret admirer vibes throughout, but it dives deeper into the themes of identity, courage, and acceptance.

This book is the perfect conclusion to such a tremendous series, and Tara Grace Ericson hits it out of the park with this story. The number of swoony moments is equally matched by the poignant truths of God's love and care. I love that the characters work through tough issues together and that Jared demonstrates patience, grace, and persistence as he supports Alexis. Blind Date with the Hero will leave you with a smile on your face and butterflies in your stomach for all the best reasons.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: October 9, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabilit...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...