Skip to main content

Review: Hope for the Hero - Heroes of Freedom Ridge #16

Hope for the Hero book cover on blue background

Another Mandi Blake book, how exciting! I was so happy to get to read Hope for the Hero as I've been patiently waiting to see what would happen between Tessa and Adam 😁 What a fun series the Heroes of Freedom Ridge has been in meeting so many great characters.

Book Synopsis

She’s his opposite, and opposites don’t attract. So why is she impossible to resist?

Tessa Mitchell is finally getting a chance to work at her brother’s private security firm, and after one hundred other jobs that didn’t work out, this one needs to stick. Headquarters could use a makeover anyway. Oh, and she’s working for up-tight Adam. Ruffling his meticulous feathers should be fun.

Adam Roberts doesn’t need an assistant, especially not flighty Tessa. If she’d let him get a word in between her constant questions, he’d save her the trouble. She’s not meant to work in the security field.

Except, Tessa is intelligent underneath all that flirty chatter, and Adam can’t focus when she’s around. The smart thing to do would be to shut down the feelings and put some space between them. Instead, they’re sent out of town for work. Together.

When a snowstorm descends on their first co-assignment, will a change in the weather cause a change in their hearts?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

When we first see Adam and Tessa interact with each other in Guarded by the Hero, there is a lingering notion that they could become an interesting couple. I'm thankful that Mandi Blake gives us exactly that in this book. Though there is much animosity between these two characters, it's a fun journey to see how they come together. This is a book where the sparks definitely fly, and there is shared understanding over time. There is certainly no lack of chemistry or sizzle in Hope for the Hero!

I love the messages of hope and faith that are embedded into this story. It's more than a couple overcoming external circumstances to finally get where they are; it’s a couple that has to do the hard work internally to emerge even stronger through the power of Christ. Both Adam and Tessa have things to overcome in their life, and it's gratifying to see how they support one another. I appreciate that lines aren't crossed, that boundaries are respected, and that nothing progresses until faith is resolved and confirmed. What a lovely story of what Christian kindness can look like in the lives of believers, even when it is challenging to be kind.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Follow-Up

It seems that I opened up a can of worms with a story I shared yesterday regarding how I felt inundated by stories and posts featuring LDS authors on Christian Bookstagram. Since it's difficult to share on stories (IG has been quite glitchy for me recently), I'll share more here for context. Please don't read this if the topic isn't of interest to you or if you don't care too much about the theological background of the authors you're reading; that's absolutely fine with me if you don't read on 😀 Let me start off by saying that it's hard to convey things in a one-page story. I prayed that I would choose the words that would matter to summarize my thoughts, while acknowledging that they are imperfect and incomplete. If you met me in real life, you'd know that I'm fairly unassuming, very soft-spoken, and reticent to stir up controversy. I can see why people feel a little bit more bold online. That being said, I wrote this with a heart of conce

About Me

I normally shy away from sharing too much about myself as I stopped being active on social media almost a decade ago. When I mentioned that I casually browsed Bookstagram, I had been doing it with an account that contained zero content and zero followers at the time. This is now (slowly!) changing as I become more active on this blog. Because I would like to maintain my anonymity as much as possible, my biographical information will be scant, although I am sure that aspects of my life will emerge the more I share. Just so there is some context, here are some details about me: I am Canadian. I feel the need to mention this first as most of the Christian reading community seems to be American, and there is not always the same access to information, book promotions, and even vendors for those of us up north (yes, there are many publishers that do not ship books or send advanced reader copies to Canadians, but I hope this will change). I am an avid reader. I have averaged over 100 or more

Christian vs. Clean

This is a theme that isn't new if you've been following some of my musings over the past several months. You could even say this is the natural progression of taking this line of thinking to its conclusion. In evaluating which books to read, the refrain of Christian vs. clean has become so ingrained in my thinking that it's practically been on repeat for me. To be honest, I've never really held a view on Christian vs. clean books until the end of last year. Most of my reading since becoming a Christian has been all over the place, where I believed that acquiring knowledge, almost any knowledge, was worth it for the sake of becoming more learned. Being a voracious reader meant that I would consume most anything—especially if it was free as I didn't have a lot of books growing up (my parents preferred to take me to the library on a weekly basis as I would have cost them too much in books 😂). However, God has definitely been impressing upon me the conviction that I ca