Skip to main content

Review: Hope for the Hero - Heroes of Freedom Ridge #16

Hope for the Hero book cover on blue background

Another Mandi Blake book, how exciting! I was so happy to get to read Hope for the Hero as I've been patiently waiting to see what would happen between Tessa and Adam 😁 What a fun series the Heroes of Freedom Ridge has been in meeting so many great characters.

Book Synopsis

She’s his opposite, and opposites don’t attract. So why is she impossible to resist?

Tessa Mitchell is finally getting a chance to work at her brother’s private security firm, and after one hundred other jobs that didn’t work out, this one needs to stick. Headquarters could use a makeover anyway. Oh, and she’s working for up-tight Adam. Ruffling his meticulous feathers should be fun.

Adam Roberts doesn’t need an assistant, especially not flighty Tessa. If she’d let him get a word in between her constant questions, he’d save her the trouble. She’s not meant to work in the security field.

Except, Tessa is intelligent underneath all that flirty chatter, and Adam can’t focus when she’s around. The smart thing to do would be to shut down the feelings and put some space between them. Instead, they’re sent out of town for work. Together.

When a snowstorm descends on their first co-assignment, will a change in the weather cause a change in their hearts?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

When we first see Adam and Tessa interact with each other in Guarded by the Hero, there is a lingering notion that they could become an interesting couple. I'm thankful that Mandi Blake gives us exactly that in this book. Though there is much animosity between these two characters, it's a fun journey to see how they come together. This is a book where the sparks definitely fly, and there is shared understanding over time. There is certainly no lack of chemistry or sizzle in Hope for the Hero!

I love the messages of hope and faith that are embedded into this story. It's more than a couple overcoming external circumstances to finally get where they are; it’s a couple that has to do the hard work internally to emerge even stronger through the power of Christ. Both Adam and Tessa have things to overcome in their life, and it's gratifying to see how they support one another. I appreciate that lines aren't crossed, that boundaries are respected, and that nothing progresses until faith is resolved and confirmed. What a lovely story of what Christian kindness can look like in the lives of believers, even when it is challenging to be kind.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...