Skip to main content

Review: All Too Reel - Love in L.A. #1

All Too Reel book cover on blue background

All Too Reel is a book that I have been looking forward to since reading the Sweet Hollywood Romance series by Nicole Lam. This book is being marketed as clean fiction written by a Christian author, so I will review the book accordingly.

I am grateful to the author for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Content to be aware of: mild cursing, alcohol use, brief reference to drug use, brief reference to fortune telling, Catholic faith practices, Greek Orthodox faith practices

Book Synopsis

One minute, I'm an aspiring actress, moonlighting as an overworked barista.

The next minute, I'm spilling an iced Americano on one of the world's most eligible—not to mention royal—bachelors.

I'm convinced he's going to make a scene and get me fired, but instead, Prince Kostas Alexopoulos Vasileiou of Dorapolis drops to one knee and asks me to be his wife.

That is, his fake wife for a year, so he can inherit land and money from his grandmother's trust fund.

He offers me a diamond ring, five million dollars, and free publicity to help get my acting career off the ground, in exchange for marrying him. How can I resist?

The only problem is, I'm not sure this is an acting job I can pull off. Because while his offer is enticing, this Prince Charming is way more alluring. The longer our charade goes on, the more I wonder if our arrangement is still fake... because my feelings are becoming all too real.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

I always look forward to Nicole Lam's Christian and clean books as I know that I'll be in for an enjoyable ride. This was no exception as All Too Reel is infused with the author's characteristic charm and lighthearted humour. Nicole's writing style is engaging, witty, and introspective all at the same time, allowing readers to immerse themselves in her stories. She is skilled at writing strong friendships and characters that are multi-dimensional. In short, these characters come to life on the page, giving the sense that they can be known and understood beyond the circumstances they are facing.

Raina and Kostas both come from complex backgrounds involving pain, betrayal, and loss, but there is always a sense that they will emerge into who they are meant to be. Their romance unfolds in the most natural and sweet way, with supportive characters who bring out the best in them. I appreciate that Nicole's stories are less driven by physical appearance—though chemistry is certainly alluded to—and are more about each person's best qualities, making this book even more swoon-worthy. Readers looking for a story with heart, adventure, and personal growth will appreciate Raina and Kostas as they navigate a marriage of convenience and all the emotions that unfold between them.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story Follow-Up

It seems that I opened up a can of worms with a story I shared yesterday regarding how I felt inundated by stories and posts featuring LDS authors on Christian Bookstagram. Since it's difficult to share on stories (IG has been quite glitchy for me recently), I'll share more here for context. Please don't read this if the topic isn't of interest to you or if you don't care too much about the theological background of the authors you're reading; that's absolutely fine with me if you don't read on 😀 Let me start off by saying that it's hard to convey things in a one-page story. I prayed that I would choose the words that would matter to summarize my thoughts, while acknowledging that they are imperfect and incomplete. If you met me in real life, you'd know that I'm fairly unassuming, very soft-spoken, and reticent to stir up controversy. I can see why people feel a little bit more bold online. That being said, I wrote this with a heart of conce

About Me

I normally shy away from sharing too much about myself as I stopped being active on social media almost a decade ago. When I mentioned that I casually browsed Bookstagram, I had been doing it with an account that contained zero content and zero followers at the time. This is now (slowly!) changing as I become more active on this blog. Because I would like to maintain my anonymity as much as possible, my biographical information will be scant, although I am sure that aspects of my life will emerge the more I share. Just so there is some context, here are some details about me: I am Canadian. I feel the need to mention this first as most of the Christian reading community seems to be American, and there is not always the same access to information, book promotions, and even vendors for those of us up north (yes, there are many publishers that do not ship books or send advanced reader copies to Canadians, but I hope this will change). I am an avid reader. I have averaged over 100 or more

Christian vs. Clean

This is a theme that isn't new if you've been following some of my musings over the past several months. You could even say this is the natural progression of taking this line of thinking to its conclusion. In evaluating which books to read, the refrain of Christian vs. clean has become so ingrained in my thinking that it's practically been on repeat for me. To be honest, I've never really held a view on Christian vs. clean books until the end of last year. Most of my reading since becoming a Christian has been all over the place, where I believed that acquiring knowledge, almost any knowledge, was worth it for the sake of becoming more learned. Being a voracious reader meant that I would consume most anything—especially if it was free as I didn't have a lot of books growing up (my parents preferred to take me to the library on a weekly basis as I would have cost them too much in books 😂). However, God has definitely been impressing upon me the conviction that I ca