Skip to main content

Plugging Away

black framed glasses sitting on open book on wooden table

This week has looked a little different for me as I haven't been sharing reviews here or on Instagram. They'll be coming, but I am also welcoming the break from the pressure to finish books in time for me to post about them. While I still love reading and reviewing books, I want to go at a slower pace this year. What I thought was sustainable last year has now left me feeling a little like I've had to meet work deadlines on top of work outside of this. That's the last thing that I want to go through, as I want to keep having the capacity to blog 😀

I admit that it's been a nice reprieve from creating creative content where I can just read or write instead. I'm hopeful that February will be a nice month to recover from the busyness of January and to enjoy being in God's presence. Happy February!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...