Skip to main content

Faithful Friday: "I Believe"


Since I'm not sharing Friday Reads any longer, I thought I'd share some of the books that have been formative in my Christian faith over the years, both fiction and non-fiction. I won't share reviews per se, just a short snippet of how it was beneficial to me. Because I haven't read some of these books in (many!) years, please feel free to check out more recent reviews.

In this case, "I Believe": Exploring the Apostles' Creed by Alister McGrath was one of the first books I read that focused exclusively on the Apostles' Creed. It's a shorter book at 120 pages, so it's completely digestible. What was most memorable to me was that one of my theology classes always began by reciting this Creed, which brought these words to life as a reminder of what Christians agree on. This book was a great springboard into reading other works by Alister McGrath over the years.

I'll see how long this Friday series lasts, but it's given me a good excuse to go through my library and find some older books that I have greatly appreciated - thanks for following along!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...