Skip to main content

In Memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

The Faith of Queen Elizabeth book and A Brief History of British Kings and Queens book surrounding blue waving figurine of Queen Elizabeth II against white blanket on wooden chair

In approaching the first anniversary of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's passing a year ago, I wanted to reflect on how her Christian faith has made an impact on me.

As a Canadian, I've always appreciated getting to sing God Save the Queen growing up, knowing that this was an earnest prayer for the Defender of the Faith. As a believer, I have been inspired by the Queen's humility, gracious heart, and bold convictions arising from her personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. As an Anglophile, I have enjoyed learning British history and have a high regard for their culture and traditions (where it glorifies God), particularly pertaining to the monarchy.

Each year, I have treasured the Queen's Christmas message, knowing that there would be a reference to our Saviour during such a special time of celebration. I had the blessing of being able to watch her funeral live on TV last year (which meant pulling an all-nighter and taking a day off work), but it was completely worth it to grieve our nation and world's loss by following along with both the British and Canadian services. I'm thankful that the Queen has left a legacy of Christian faith behind, and pray for the UK and their rulers to continue to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8).

God Save the Queen; God Save the King 🙏 

Books pictured:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Review: The Biblio Diet

Over the years, I've had the joy of reading many books on health and nutrition, partly a product of some studies I've done on it and also due to personal interest. As a result, I'm always intrigued when there is a Christian perspective on this subject. I'm grateful that I learnt about The Biblio Diet by Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe after having previously read Eat Dirt by Dr. Josh Axe. Many thanks to Worthy Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In this breakthrough book, New York Times bestselling authors and nutrition experts Jordan Rubin and Dr. Josh Axe offer a simple and holistic plan for building strength, health, and longevity. Based on the ancient wisdom of the Bible and confirmed by modern science, The Biblio Diet’s intuitive and easy-to-follow plan invites you to experience a breakthrough in the health of your entire family by learning to eat and live God’s way. In this book, y...

Review: Between Stairs and Stardust: Finding Ever After #1

One of the things I wish I could do is to take advantage of past Kindle releases that are no longer available. Unfortunately, this was the case with Finding Ever After , which was released four years ago. While it's no longer possible to find this book again, some authors have made their novellas available separately, which is what I found with Pepper Basham 's story called Between Stairs and Stardust . From all of my searching, I believe that hers is the only one that can be purchased as a physical copy, although the second story, Entanglements by Rachel McMillan, is available on Kindle. I'm not sure how to track down the other two stories, but imagine how lovely this collection would be as a paperback! Book Synopsis An illustrator in hiding A millionaire with a gardening fascination And the possibility of a perfect fit for a happily-ever-after Once upon a time… A young illustrator, forced from her home in Boston, must return to her Blue Ridge Mountains to escape a scanda...