Skip to main content

Welcome!

white rose between the covers of a book

Thank you for taking the time to stop by this little corner of the Internet!

Though I started blogging over 20 years ago, I will confess that I have not usually keep up my blogs for longer than several years at a time. For this blog, I have instead decided to focus on a topic that actually consumes a lot of my spare time so that I can combine my interests (and test my longevity and commitment).

This topic is of course, Christian books!

Through casually browsing Bookstagram over the past few years to glean recommendations for new reads, I see that there is a place where people can share about books, and it is celebrated. How refreshing to see a reading culture remain strong amidst many other distractions, several of which have kept me scrolling non-stop to learn about books rather than simply reading them. Since I fall into this camp, this blog can help me to get through my TBR (to be read) pile in order to actually make a semblance of a dent into it. I recognize that it is such a blessing to be able to own and access so many incredible thoughts and stories, captured as written words. As such, I am excited to delve into this new journey of also writing out my own thoughts.

My hope is that I can explore and review both Christian fiction and Christian non-fiction on here. I am prone to being a completionist who tries to read in chronological publication order, so there may be a few series on here as well. I am also pretty hashtag-adverse (which thankfully doesn't apply to blogging) and prefer lists, which will make an appearance throughout the blog.

Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Life Up North

I'm going to go against my previous posts about keeping my opinions to myself on things outside of faith and reading by sharing some of my recent experiences instead. I figure that if we read fiction to broaden our understanding of other perspectives that it might be worthwhile for me to share how things have been for me as a non-representative Canadian (I'm not speaking for anyone else here!) 😄 I'll be honest in that it's been tough in the last few weeks and months. I've done my best to keep up my optimism and more importantly, my hope in Christ, Who is unchanging and steadfast. Rulers come and go, nations evolve and change, and politics can swing back and forth, but God is immutable and sovereign over all things. That being said, recent geopolitical factors have resulted in an emotional toll on me and a lot of the people I interact with in my life. While I am grateful that I can place my burdens at the foot of the cross, I recognize that others in my life have va...

Things I'm Not Supposed to Do

It's interesting to discover what people should be and shouldn't be doing when they share about books online. More and more, I feel like there can be a backlash against anything now, to the point where anyone with a passion for books can feel paralyzed in offering their own bookish content. For the large part, I try to tune out these things because it's ever-changing, and if it's not one thing, it'll be another. I'm sad when people feel stifled due to these capricious "rules" that half (if not more of) the time seem to keep people from excitedly engaging in what they love most. I'm thankful that I've received immense support from the reading community when I first started out, so I want to encourage anyone who is thinking of jumping in with their personal approach to books by sharing how I practically break the following ten rules covering things from content generation to materials access: I'm not supposed to use Canva for my book posts.  ...