Skip to main content

Review: An Irish Hope - Fairall Romance Legacy #2

An Irish Hope book cover on blue background

I'm constantly amazed at how authors can transport you to different settings through words on the page. Carolyn Miller has not only taken me all over Australia, North America, and the UK, she is the perfect travel companion for Ireland through her Fairall Romance Legacy series.

An Irish Hope focuses on the next Fairall family member, Aisling, and her propensity toward bigger emotions.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Aisling Fairall has a big personality and a big heart. But lately she's been feeling a little lost and wondering what to do with her life. Until a mysterious uninvited guest at a family wedding helps her see that maybe she's not quite on her own, after all.

Andrew Scott is used to crushed dreams, which is why he's here at a fancy hotel in west Ireland on the anniversary of what should've been his honeymoon. He's trying to pick up the pieces of his life when an unexpected encounter with a sassy redhead makes his heart beat faster again.

Can these two overcome complications galore and find hope and a future again?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

It is such a treat to return to the Fairall family and to celebrate significant milestones with them. Mam always brings a smile to my face and seeing her care for her children sets the stage for much love and wisdom to abound. Having a mother who prays is powerful, as evidenced by how Colin, Rory, and now Ash are able to turn to God for His guidance when facing major life decisions. The Fairall family legacy of experiencing a noteworthy sensation when meeting the special person they will spend their life with adds a fun element without becoming superstitious or an idol. I appreciate that in the end, Ash surrenders her feelings instead of relying on them or forcing circumstances to bend toward her will.

It's equally delightful to meet Andy, a man who is as cautious as Ash is forthright and forward. With Andy learning how to exercise trust in his faith and Ash trying to demonstrate restraint and maturity, they complement one another's personalities and strengths. Carolyn Miller writes realistic characters with complex emotions and this book delivers just that through side characters such as Grady, Andy's friend, and Fiona, Ash's sister. Readers wanting to travel to a beautiful castle in Ireland will appreciate meeting a family who offers generous hospitality and a daughter who ends up with more than she hopes for by seeking God first.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Book Quotes

He shrugged. “It’s still not something I’ve quite reconciled with. Like, I know God has good plans for me, but I still struggle to see how any of that worked out for the best.” “I think sometimes those things are mysteries for us to learn to live with, so we can trust Him more,” she said thoughtfully. Hmm. He slid her a look. That hadn’t been the sort of response he’d expected from her. “Like, what if what looks like the heavenly ‘No’ or the unanswered prayer is actually God protecting you from something else? Or preserving you for something better?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Scenes

I've had the pleasure of reading some lovely wedding scenes lately and it had me thinking about books that choose to include them. In noticing that a lot of the romances I read tend to end with either the couple finally confirming their relationship or possibly an engagement if there is an epilogue, I'm usually left wanting to know what the wedding will look like. If there happens to be any wedding scene, it may be from the perspective of a character in the next book in the series, such as a bridesmaid or family member as a segue into their own story. However, I've found that when I get to read fuller descriptions of a wedding from either the bride or the groom's point of view that it seems to make the book feel more complete. That's not to say that a wedding should always be included, especially if the timing doesn't make sense, but they are wonderful to read about. In terms of Christian weddings, I've always been curious as to how authors convey this. Some...

Review: A Compelling Faith in a Compromising Culture

Not only does this book have a catchy title, but it reinforces the notion that retreat is not always the best defense. Looking back at church history, I am always amazed that how God uses His people to stand up for justice, truth, and righteousness. However, this is not done as a result of anyone's personal strength or will. God is the one who equips, with followers obediently living up to the call that has been placed on their lives to understand the times and how best to interact with them. A Compelling Faith in a Compromising Culture by Mike Tatlock is a blueprint on how we can follow these steps today. Many thanks to  Moody Publishers  for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis When our faith is challenged, the best response isn’t to fall back. It’s to go deeper. We’re living in a cultural storm. Perhaps you feel it. Postmodern philosophy and secular ideologies have trickled from academia to the broade...

Review: Her Off-Limits Charity Date - Unexpected Dates #3

Happy release day to the third book in the Unexpected Dates series ! Her Off-Limits Charity Date  by Liwen Y. Ho  is a perfect book for summer, and involves a soft-hearted zombie actor with a penchant for cooking. Now who doesn't want to learn more about a man who can do both?! Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis The one man I’m falling for is the one man I absolutely shouldn’t want. As a professional event planner, I’m used to managing chaos. My own love life, however, is another story. Especially after I meet my brother’s new brother-in-law and discover he looks like he walked straight out of a romance novel. Tall? Check. Piercing blue eyes? Check. Broody enough to make my heart do inconvenient things? Double check. Unfortunately, Zane Beckett also happens to be a famous actor. And our first meeting gets off to a rocky start when he finds out I’ve never seen any of his movi...