Skip to main content

Review: Anywhere With You - The Devine Family Series #2

Anywhere With You book cover on blue background

Who knew that from one car accident, many lives could be changed and new relationships could be forged? One of those is with Cole and Gwen, with Gwen as the repentant driver who makes a mistake that leads to the love of her life.

The second book in the Devine Family series, Anywhere With You by Courtney Westerhof is a continuation of how we can witness God's grace in the midst of the everyday.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

They overcame the biggest challenge of their relationship. But can they survive long-distance?

Cole and Gwen met through a car crash, not exactly the typical meet-cute. Being able to survive that dramatic start to their relationship made them feel invincible.

But when Gwen has to move for her job, they are suddenly and unexpectedly thrown into a long-distance relationship. Will they be able to stay strong and connected even when they’re forced to be miles apart, or will the distance mean the end of their love story?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

I appreciate that we get to know Cole and Gwen better after the car accident that brings them together as boyfriend and girlfriend. After overcoming these circumstances to be together, this next book in the Devine Family series explores what happens after Gwen's work forces her to relocate and obstacles abound. Written in a realistic and gentle manner, it's easy to imagine Cole and Gwen as our own friends who are wrestling all of the “what ifs” in navigating the next steps in their relationship while remaining faithful to God.

The pace of this story really grants us the time to experience their emotions, decision-making processes, and pain as they are separated by geography for the first time. Where Anywhere With You shines most is in the friendships and family members who offer a listening ear and wise counsel, especially the friends made in the hospital where Gwen works. This fellowship is a balm and a blessing, and I love how Courtney Westerhof ensures that the message of not being alone is portrayed beyond romance. If you are looking for a book that captures the everyday moments of making a relationship work, the Devine Family is a family that exemplifies grace and courage as members grow in their walks with God.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📖
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Didactic Scenes

I love researching and recently looked into Harlequin's Love Inspired line's submission guidelines to find out if there were certain parameters in the stories they accept and publish. One of the lines that stood out to me was: "Mandatory faith element that is integral to story and shows rather than tells, avoiding didactic, preachy tone or doctrinal language." This had me thinking about one of the cinematic attributes I've heard over the years between British and American movies and television, where one tends to show the story and have people reason it out, whereas the other can get into further detail, eliminating the need to piece things out as much when watching a story.  I wish I could find the source for this thought as it's shaped how I view and compare a lot of mysteries and dramas (I confess that I may be a tad too shy for British comedies)—broadly speaking, of course. As a result, I can understand how didactic language isn't always pleasant to s...

Lord of Our Entertainment

I have to give full credit for the title of this post to Heather Wood who used this phrase in an Instagram story to promote the #ClearlyChristianReadathon . Thank you for using this term as it's been in my head ever since I saw it! In thinking about what it means to have Jesus as the Lord of my life, this clearly and obviously extends to how I fill my time and what content I consume. Although my reasons for being more intentional with my reading were initially pragmatic (as in if I die soon, did I waste a lot of time in my life reading things that weren't even that great?), I also see how it can both reflect my walk with God and shape what it becomes. Though I'm sharing a lot of content about the Clearly Christian Readathon , I'm encouraged to think of all of my entertainment choices in the light of eternity. While I've certainly struggled with this at different times in my life, it's been hitting me in a different way now. I confess that even quite recently, ...