Skip to main content

Review: The Royal Artisan - Queen Esther's Court #2

The Royal Artisan book cover on blue background

Even though I've been reading Christian fiction since my youth, I have to admit that I have not read a lot of biblical fiction over the course of my life. Thankfully, Tessa Afshar has now made me a fan of this genre, especially with The Queen Esther's Court series.

The Royal Artisan is the second book in this series and it's just as brilliant as The Queen's Cook. If you're just as new to this genre as I am, you will be utterly captivated by these stories.

Many thanks to the author and Bethany House Publishers for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

In ancient Persia, Sazana creates exquisite pottery as Queen Esther's artisan but keeps her Jewish identity hidden from her tyrannical master, Haman, and his ten vengeful sons. When tragedy strikes, Sazana must join forces with Jadon, the man who broke her heart, to locate an ancient artifact and thwart the impending threat to their people.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

What a beautiful book about God's sovereignty and how He can thwart the wicked schemes of men! The second book in the Queen Esther's Court series, it is a sheer delight to get to meet Sazana, a famed and skilled potter following in her family's footsteps as an artisan, and Jadon, a man who serves Queen Esther and the sovereign's best interests. I absolutely love how well Tessa Afshar writes characters from another place and era in such a way that I want to befriend them today. In this case, Sazana and Jadon are both likeable, responsible adults who care for those under their protection, making it easy to root for them as they grow in their reliance on God.

I've become such a fan of this author's biblical fiction due to how immersive the stories are, drawing me into a foreign culture with different words, foods, and customs. In inhabiting the worlds of those serving Queen Esther at court, it makes the book of Esther in the Bible even more stunning when considering all that was involved in ensuring the survival of God's people during such a perilous time. Laced with many threads of annihilation, this book marvelously weaves everything together to depict how God can turn evil into good. Readers looking for a book that demonstrates how God is the potter and we are the clay will find much to love in The Royal Artisan as it points to the master artist Himself.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...