Skip to main content

Review: Atom & Iota Series

Atom & Iota Series book covers on blue background

I am in such awe of the time and dedication that authors take to produce engaging and informative children's books. Ryan and Selena Frederick are parents and writers who have created the brilliant Atom & Iota series and it's an outstanding collection of books that desires to introduce children to the "wonder of God—through story." If you have the opportunity to read these books to your little ones or to pass them along, it's a wonderful way to learn about science and God at the same time.

Many thanks to Theology Kids and ICON Media Group for providing a complimentary copy of this collection for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Atom & Iota is new series for children with a simple goal—to make theology approachable, visual and deeply rooted in Scriptural truth, even for the youngest of minds. Atom & Iota are tiny characters with a big mission to help kids see God’s care in everything He made. Specifically designed for children ages 4-8, this series features captivating stories, based on science and Scripture, with stunning line art illustrations to reveal the magnificence and majesty of creation and the care and nature of God. 

Source: ICON Media Group

Book Thoughts

If this book series existed when I was a child, I guarantee that it would have been one of my favourites to read. From engaging illustrations to memorable rhymes, this series on understanding God as our Creator is as educational as it is fun. I love the premise behind Theology Kids in helping children understand the world that God has made and how we can know Him personally. If you're wondering about the name of the series, Atom represents the smallest unit of matter—symbolizing creation, and Iota represents the smallest unit of thought—symbolizing the Gospel. As a result, Atom and Iota are the perfect blend of science and faith, with the authors showing us how these two fields are compatible and pointing us to the Author of life and creation.

Parents will love the prompts at the end of the book, including Bible verses for memorization, science activities that can be undertaken, and discussion questions to further interact with the book. In explaining different scientific concepts and how they relate to Jesus, these are catchy books that are sure to become a beloved series as they explore topics such as DNA, conception, and the bloodstream. Seeing these subjects covered in such a detailed manner with the most adorable and fact-filled illustrations, children can also take part in these lessons through an equally delightful colouring book. Families wanting a creative way to discuss how God reveals himself through nature and through His Son will find Atom & Iota to be incredible tour guides who seek to impart knowledge and truth.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📖
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...