Skip to main content

Review: Fulfilling Her Christmas Wish - Christmas in Redemption Ridge #14

Fulfilling Her Christmas Wish book cover on blue background

What a lovely return to Redemption Ridge as we see a much-anticipated second chance romance finally come to fruition. In addition to sweet older characters, there's a linguistic quirk that delighted me to no end in Fulfilling Her Christmas Wish by Liwen Y. Ho. Book 14 of the 18-book Christmas in Redemption Ridge series, it's a great way to enter the holiday season 🎅🤶

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

After a lifetime of unspoken love, is it ever too late for a second chance?

Lottie Lawson has spent her life in the quiet town of Redemption Ridge, content to hide her heart behind a cheerful smile. But turning seventy—and facing an unexpected health crisis—makes her realize that waiting for love is no longer an option. With courage and a suitcase in hand, she sets her sights on the big-city dreams she once tucked away.

Trevor Kelly has built a good life—his beloved restaurant, his close-knit family, and the unwavering support of his late wife’s best friend, Lottie. She’s always been there, the steady presence through grief, joy, and everything in between. But when Lottie announces she’s leaving town, Trevor is blindsided. The thought of not having her around makes him question what place she really holds in his heart.

Will these two lifelong friends learn to trust each other and discover that love is possible at any age?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

Liwen Y. Ho writes the sweetest romances for older characters! In this case, it's a pair of 70-years-young entrepreneurs in the town of Redemption Ridge who have practically known each other for most of their lives since high school. I love that there are cameo appearances from earlier Christmas in Redemption Ridge stories, along with other fun surprises. More importantly, I appreciate the message about relinquishing our plans to Jesus, no matter our age. It's refreshing to know that we can keep growing in our walk, even later in life. Lottie and Trevor are endearing characters who show us what found family and endurance look like while pointing to God's faithfulness at every turn.

It's a little bittersweet with this being Liwen's last book with this series as she infuses so much heart into this town and its people. There is a tenderness present that is characteristic of her writing that brings comfort to readers when encountering her lovely romances. If you're looking for the ultimate slow-burn saga filled with sacrificial love, it's hard to top this septuagenarian story, complete with wishes and prayers being answered at Christmastime.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: Jesus Ate Carbs

It can be easy to think that we just need the right ingredients, meals, and diet plans that will suddenly transform our bodies. However, Jesus Ate Carbs by Abbie Frye probes deeper beyond a physical transformation to a spiritual one that invites God into every aspect of our lives. Obviously not limited to carbs (and acknowledging that allergies exist), this book is one that makes us probe a little deeper about why we eat, what needing to eat says about our relationship with our Creator, and how we can eat in alignment with His original design for it. Many thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : heavy reliance on Ruth Haley Barton; theology around sentence of “God reveres us and is in awe of us ” (pg. 130); contemplative spirituality practices; direct messages from God to the author, such as “God told me that He has me in the ministry of reconciliation” (pg. 180)...