Skip to main content

Review: Every Hour Until Then - Timeless #5

Every Hour Until Then book cover on blue background

Who else is excited for the next installment in the Timeless series by Gabrielle Meyer to release this month?! This is likely my favourite historical Christian fiction series and one I will continue to recommend. I kept my husband intrigued with enough hints for Every Hour Until Then that he now has to find time to read books two to four to get caught up 😄

Many thanks to Bethany House Publishers and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Gifted with the ability to time-cross between Victorian-era London and World War II Washington, DC, Kathryn faces two lives fraught with danger. In 1938 amid the looming shadow of war, Kathryn is invited to the London Museum as a guest curator to create a groundbreaking exhibit on Jack the Ripper and his reign of terror. As she delves into her grim research, she uncovers a chilling truth: Her own sister is destined to become the Ripper's final victim decades earlier.

In 1888, in a race against fate, Kathryn is assisted by her handsome childhood friend in hunting down history's most elusive killer. As they unravel the threads of mystery woven through time, Kathryn must decide if she'll unmask the murderer history has chosen to hide, forfeiting a life with the man she loves to save her sister.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

If anyone can seamlessly weave multiple historical timelines together, it would be Gabrielle Meyer. I loved this fifth book in the Timeless series and the inventive challenges that the author continues to deliver by having readers puzzle out countless scenarios that could arise in time-crossing. This is the first instance we come across where a time-crosser could theoretically meet themself in a different era, creating a fascinating and positively brilliant setup for our historian and curator, Kathryn. I love her indomitable spirit and how fiercely she loves and cares for her family members. Though headstrong and independent, I appreciate that she comes across so real and vibrant, practically leaping off the pages. If anything, her act first, think second nature allows readers to see what trusting in God looks like for her, especially if we are prone to the same tendencies.

This flawless execution of how Jack the Ripper affects Kathryn in both timelines is compelling and speaks to the fear that pervaded the streets of London during a horrific period of time. I am thankful that the messages of faith strongly counteract these gruesome acts, indicating that even during a nation's darkest moments, God is still at work. Leading into the Second World War, this message is even more poignant. Readers who have been along for the Timeless ride will find that as new plot lines are introduced with seemingly gaping holes that there is enough suspense, action, and mystery to carry readers through complex answers that both indulge and complete the characters' adventure in this deeply spiritual story about God’s power and supremacy.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian as a Genre

I've always found it interesting that Christianity as its own genre can be used across music, film, books, and virtually most forms of artistic or creative expression. While most secular items tend to be labelled by their style, works produced by Christians tend to get labelled by the faith of the one producing it. I remember seeing an article years ago about how the Grammys  put Christian artists under the genre of Gospel and Contemporary Christian who would then be further separated out by their musical style, such as Gospel, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Country, etc. I can't recall the specifics of the article, but I believe that the author of the article thought it was both a little unfair that artists would be lumped together in a giant pool despite varying styles or backgrounds, and that it was also a label that didn't really tell audiences what they would be getting, other than Christian content. I wish I could remember a bit more, but as I read it in passing, the only thou...