Skip to main content

Review: Targeted Witness

Targeted Witness book cover on blue background

Targeted Witness by Jacqueline Adam was such a good distraction for me as I read this book in a hospital waiting room. If you're looking for a way to get your mind off waiting, reading about someone running for their life will help!

Book Synopsis

A witness under protection.

A serial killer out for revenge.

After the killer she identified finds her in witness protection, artist Cassie Whitfield must go on the run to avoid becoming the next victim. But there’s nobody she can trust—except her ex-boyfriend, former FBI agent Ryan Matherson, who doesn’t know her real identity. Now telling him the deadly truth is her only option if she wants to stay alive…

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This book definitely lives up to being suspenseful, with action-packed content paired with a sweet romance. Just when there is a sense of how things will go one way, the book proves that it can go in any other direction. Jacqueline Adam's debut is a thrilling journey that captivates readers as they await the final outcomes for Cassie and Ryan. These characters with their past baggage grapple with their present and their future, and it is rewarding to see how God works in both of their lives as the case unfolds.

If you are looking for a riveting read that will keep you on your toes with an elaborate plot behind the suspense, Targeted Witness is right up that alley. I appreciated that the characters relied on God rather than anything they could do, and that there are pivotal moments where the Bible provides exactly what is needed as Cassie and Ryan try to figure out what's next. The phrase of twists and turns would certainly be an understatement for this book!

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Shopping from Home

One of the things I've appreciated about being more picky with my reading is that I have a little bit more self-control in purchasing books now. I'll admit that up until most recently, I was pretty indiscriminate in purchasing Christian books simply by virtue of it being Christian, even if I had never heard of the author before or had only seen a picture of the book online. However, in the past few months, I've enjoyed getting to exercise more discernment in what books I choose to pick up. This has resulted in an unofficial book buying ban without me fully realizing it at the time. While there were a few books that I picked up a few weeks before Christmas, I've largely gone without getting additional books since then. Part of this is because I can wait a long time for sales to appear! The other part is that I'm trying to pick better books for my home library knowing how many books I might have to part ways with over time. This had me thinking about which books I wou...

Lord of Our Entertainment

I have to give full credit for the title of this post to Heather Wood who used this phrase in an Instagram story to promote the #ClearlyChristianReadathon . Thank you for using this term as it's been in my head ever since I saw it! In thinking about what it means to have Jesus as the Lord of my life, this clearly and obviously extends to how I fill my time and what content I consume. Although my reasons for being more intentional with my reading were initially pragmatic (as in if I die soon, did I waste a lot of time in my life reading things that weren't even that great?), I also see how it can both reflect my walk with God and shape what it becomes. Though I'm sharing a lot of content about the Clearly Christian Readathon , I'm encouraged to think of all of my entertainment choices in the light of eternity. While I've certainly struggled with this at different times in my life, it's been hitting me in a different way now. I confess that even quite recently, ...