Skip to main content

Review: Always Think of Me

Always Think of Me book cover on blue background

If you've attended outdoor music festivals, Always Think of Me by Lori Kessey is a book that may speak to you. This unique setting captured my attention, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to read a story about two young adults who find that they have more in common with each other than they realize.

Many thanks to the author's public relations company for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Content to be aware of: some New Age references (cosmic feelings, premonitions), one expletive, drug usage, alcoholism, suicide, child abuse

Book Synopsis

Sometimes love gives you a second chance. Sometimes it doesn't. And sometimes it returns in a way you could never imagine.

Tyrus Cal, TC to his friends, had no plans to leave his party boy life, but when he met Ginny at an outdoor music festival, he fell. Hard. He brought out his best stories to charm her, and she returned the sentiment with long-buried secrets about her traumatic past.

When their budding relationship ends abruptly, TC moves on, assuming he won't get a second chance with the captivating Ginny. But then he does. Just not in the way he expected.

Now he's on an otherworldly mission to see her again. But that means overcoming his doubts, his fears, and stopping Ginny from doing the unthinkable.

Always Think of Me is an uncommon love story about friendship and do-overs and features a perspective on life that can set us free.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This was a book that delivered on the unexpected. I hadn't expected to relate to TC in his wandering as much as I did, and I hadn't expected to see the ways I could be hurting myself like Ginny experienced. Using flashbacks, the author wove profound messages of true friendship and love throughout TC and Ginny's interactions. Their story was both heartbreaking and revelatory, giving readers an emotional pull toward their relationship and conversations. At the end of the story, I was overcome by all of the themes packed within, including the consequences of our actions, the role we can play in others’ lives, and how God continues to speak to us, even when we may shut Him out.

All in all, Always Think of Me was a moving story of what happens when we let our circumstances define us rather than God, demonstrating how easily we can fall for the ways of the world. A bit more on the grittier side, this Christian fiction book is unafraid of calling out evil. Readers looking for an impactful story with psychological depth and spiritual meaning will find a lot to explore as they encounter TC and Ginny's characters and the heart behind their encounter.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...