Skip to main content

#afightstack24

blue books topped with white sparring gloves on wooden chair against white blanket

In honour of Becky's Bookshelves and her mission to raise awareness for childhood cancer research in memory of her son, Jonathan, here is #afightstack24 filled with blue books, topped with white sparring gloves.

For every #afightstack24 post shared, Becky's Bookshelves and Jerrye Bell will donate $1 each to CancerFree Kids. Information on how to participate can be found here. Books don't have to be blue and can point to heroic themes or characters who overcome adversity.

These are the books I chose to feature:

📘 Snowed in for Christmas by Gabrielle Meyer
📘 Fatherhood Lessons by Gabrielle Meyer
📘 The Soldier's Baby Promise by Gabrielle Meyer
📘 Second Chance Christmas by Betsy St. Amant
📘 The Baby Proposal by Gabrielle Meyer
📘 The Baby Secret by Gabrielle Meyer
📘 Their Holiday Secret by Betsy St. Amant
📘 Saving the Single Dad's Bookstore by Nicole Lam
📘 High as the Heavens by Kate Breslin
📘 The Ice Swan by J'nell Ciesielski
📘 Drawn by the Current by Jocelyn Green
📘 A Pursuit of Home by Kristi Ann Hunter
📘 Until Leaves Fall in Paris by Sarah Sundin
📘 To Write a Wrong by Jen Turano
📘 Positively, Penelope by Pepper Basham
📘 Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner
📘 Stay with Me by Becky Wade

I had a lot more blue books to pick from, along with white books, but it was getting to be quite long, so I had to refrain from making it a book tower 😄

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...