Skip to main content

Review: Heaven's Hug

Heaven's Hug book cover on blue background

I'm grateful to discover new Canadian authors and to be able to share their books, especially when it's as beautifully written and illustrated as this one. Heaven's Hug by Diana Yacoub is an adorable book for little ones that points to God's unending and delightful love for His children and is a recent release that would make a wonderful gift.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Step into a world of comfort, hope, and joy with Heaven’s Hug, a beautifully illustrated collection of poems inspired by God’s promises for children.

Perfect for children, this book guides young hearts through Scripture, helping them understand how deeply loved and cherished they are by God. Each page pairs an uplifting promise from the Bible with a sweet, rhyming poem that brings the verse to life in a way children can understand and remember.

Whether shared at bedtime, in the classroom, or during quiet moments, Heaven’s Hug is more than a story―it’s a spiritual embrace that reminds little hearts that they are treasured and never alone.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

Accompanying the Bible verses in this book are beautiful and catchy poems that help children understand the meaning of the passages. With vibrant illustrations capturing each poem in a simple way, it's easy to see this book become a beloved fixture in bedtime stories and even as reminders throughout the day of God's love and promises.

Starting off with a beautiful prayer, it's a way to help parents and children pray for children around the world upon embarking in this collection of fun rhymes that speak to how God reveals Himself in the Bible. Heaven's Hug is a gentle reminder of how special it is that we are created in God's image and contains the call to believe in Him.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...