Skip to main content

Review: Kidnapped for Ransom

Kidnapped for Ransom book cover on blue background

I'm quite amazed at the number of Christian romantic suspense authors from British Columbia, making me even more keen to read as many of these books as possible. Kidnapped for Ransom is the second book by Jacqueline Adam under the Love Inspired Suspense line and it's one that will keep you up as you follow along some harrowing escapes involving the mob.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

Abduction is only the beginning… Will murder be next?

Doctor Chelsea Eidman thought she’d finally escaped the perils of her late husband’s secret life as a diamond thief—until his former accomplice attacks her. The danger escalates when a vengeful mobster kidnaps Chelsea’s daughter and friend, demanding the stolen diamonds in exchange for their lives. To recover the gems, Chelsea joins forces with officer Matt Reynolds, whose sister has also been abducted. As they race against time, they find themselves in deadly pursuits across harsh terrain. With everything on the line, Chelsea and Matt must outsmart their enemies and unravel a web of lies…before their families pay the ultimate price.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This is a heart-pounding adventure that does not let up, even until the very last page. Jacqueline Adam is back with a thrilling chase that traverses multiple terrains and settings, taking readers along on an escape that makes you reticent to stop reading. Fighting for her survival along with her daughter's, Dr. Chelsea Eidman is tossed into confusion and horrifying circumstances, setting off the chase of her lifetime as she deals with the aftermath of a failed diamond heist. Along the way, a police officer from her youth is part of the picture, causing Chelsea's emotions to be all over the map.

I love that Matt not only provides physical protection for Chelsea but that he cares enough for her to lead her spiritually as well. By praying for her and encouraging her to give her burdens to God, they are able to work together as a team to overcome the constant threats that barrage them at every corner. Readers who enjoy high-stakes suspense with twists and turns will appreciate seeing how, through God's help and their relentless pursuit of their loved ones, Matt and Chelsea discover what it means to recover lost treasure.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place! It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: October 9, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabilit...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...