Skip to main content

Review: The Wonder of His Love - Fostered by Love #1

The Wonder of His Love book cover on blue background

What a wonderful Christmas collection to kick off the fall! I was absolutely delighted to have come across Kimberly Rae Jordan and can't wait to read more from this Canadian author. If found family is a favourite trope, the Fostered by Love series is for you, with The Wonder of His Love introducing us to Noelle and Finlay.

Book Synopsis

Noella Crawford watched as her mom fell in love over and over again, only to have the men take advantage of her love and leave her broke and brokenhearted. When her mom eventually abandons her daughter in order to keep the love of her latest man, Noella is determined to never repeat her mom's mistakes.

After devoting several years of her life to university and then setting up a bakery business with her foster sister, Noella is finally ready to turn her attentions to a relationship. But she has two very high standards that any man she dates must meet: he must match or exceed her own financial position, and he must be driven to succeed in whatever field he has chosen for his career. And love is optional.

If there is one person who might cause her to re-evaluate her requirements and the love part, however, it's Finlay Kinnaird. Except he's a mechanic. And lives in a trailer park.

After leaving his Scottish home six years earlier, Finlay Kinnaird has floated around Canada for several years before finally putting down roots. In the year since Finn first met Noella through her foster brother, he has found himself drawn to her quiet, yet intense, personality. Even though it appears to be with a bit of reluctance, Noella agrees when Finn asks her out. Unfortunately, on their very first date, Finn discovers that they have very different views on love, marriage and finances, and he's not sure they can work past them.

Compromise and trust are the only way things will work between them, but is that even possible when Finn longs for the type of relationship his parents have while Noella fears becoming her mother? As Christmas looms ahead of them, will they find a way to experience the wonder of love? Or will this be a season of heartache for them both?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

I discovered this Christian Christmas series set in Canada, and I'm smitten! I love that the premise of the Fostered by Love collection is of four children who are raised together in a foster family who become their own found family. Noella kicks off the stories, and it's remarkable to see how diligent and driven she is with her co-owned bakery after all she has had to overcome. Finn is the perfect counterpart to her as he attempts to show Noella her value apart from work and finances. The sibling dynamics are special, revealing how God sets the lonely in families in a variety of ways.

The messages of hope, forgiveness, and trust shine brightly in this Christmas novella. Finn is a delight, and his grandma is even more of a charming character. I love how everyone is able to grow in their spiritual maturity based on the wisdom of others. Readers looking for a quick escape to Winnipeg will experience the pure winter cold, alongside some hockey, Tim Hortons, and reminders of God's provision and care during a Christmas season filled with His wonder.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Review: Pride and Practicality

After reading  Sense and Suitability by Pepper Basham , I've been absolutely hooked on how she writes a Regency story! Pride and Practicality follows Simon Reeves' sister, Arianna, as she returns home to her family after escaping a scandal. I love her redemption story and am so thrilled that I've also been able to meet my favourite clergyman, Thomas Bridges. Many thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Synopsis In a world ruled by reputation, compassion may be the most scandalous act of all. Arianna Reeves knows how quickly admiration can turn into exile. One poorly placed trust, one disastrously charming rake, and she is no longer society's darling—but its favorite cautionary tale. Now returned home—uninvited and unmistakably whispered about—Arianna is determined to make amends with her estranged family and do something useful with her thoroughly ruined life. Even ...

Life Up North

I'm going to go against my previous posts about keeping my opinions to myself on things outside of faith and reading by sharing some of my recent experiences instead. I figure that if we read fiction to broaden our understanding of other perspectives that it might be worthwhile for me to share how things have been for me as a non-representative Canadian (I'm not speaking for anyone else here!) 😄 I'll be honest in that it's been tough in the last few weeks and months. I've done my best to keep up my optimism and more importantly, my hope in Christ, Who is unchanging and steadfast. Rulers come and go, nations evolve and change, and politics can swing back and forth, but God is immutable and sovereign over all things. That being said, recent geopolitical factors have resulted in an emotional toll on me and a lot of the people I interact with in my life. While I am grateful that I can place my burdens at the foot of the cross, I recognize that others in my life have va...