Skip to main content

Review: A Convenient Marriage - Billionaires' Reunion #5

A Convenient Marriage book cover on blue background

If you've ever had to organize a family gathering, you know it can be fraught with all sorts of complications. Thankfully, in meeting the Stone family, it's evident that there is much love shared as each sibling works through different circumstances in their lives. A Convenient Marriage by Rose Fresquez is the fifth book in the Billionaires' Reunion series about Wade Stone, and it can be read as a standalone.

Book Synopsis

He's her late brother's best friend. He doesn't believe in love. And now he's her fake husband.

When her brother died, Claire shared guardianship of his daughter with his best friend, Wade. She could handle her one-sided crush on Hollywood’s hotshot producer while he was at arm’s length. But now that toxic relatives want custody of her niece, Claire will do whatever it takes to keep the baby, including faking a marriage with Wade.

Wade excels at keeping complications at bay while navigating the glitz of Hollywood. But playing house with Claire to keep the baby? That's a challenge he didn't see coming. A marriage of convenience, nothing more, he tells himself, determined to keep any feelings for Claire from surfacing. No strings attached, no false hopes given.

Yet, under one roof, juggling co-parenting and court battles, Claire and Wade's forced proximity ignites sparks and blurs lines between make-believe and reality. For Claire, acting as Wade's wife is a heart-wrenching reminder of what can't be. For Wade, the act becomes a mirror reflecting what might be possible—if only he dares to believe.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This was my first book by Rose Fresquez, and I loved being immersed in the dynamics of the Stone family. Meeting Wade and understanding all that he has had to overcome, I saw him more as the person he was meant to be rather than just his work or status. It was fun to experience the behind-the-scenes footage of working in the movie industry and to learn more about the creativity involved in telling a story. At the same time, it was lovely to meet Claire and Bella, the little girl who needed a family after Claire's brother's passing. With Claire knowing Wade before he made it big, I appreciated how she grounded and humbled Wade.

This book was a tad more heated as Wade and Claire are in a marriage of convenience; however, it was clear that their relationship was built on mutual trust and respect for one another. Both characters grow in their new roles as spouse and parent while leaning heavily on God. Overall, it was wonderful to see Wade and Claire working together as a team and family. Readers who enjoy reading about Hollywood glamour will enjoy this star-studded look beyond the tabloids and into the characters’ hearts as they seek God in their day-to-day lives.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 🎧
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...