Skip to main content

Review: Yours Blindly - The Office Heartthrobs #2

Yours Blindly book cover on blue background

A newer-to-me author this year has been Rose Fresquez, and I'm quickly discovering just how enjoyable her office books are—probably because I can relate to the workplace antics. Yours Blindly is the second book in the Office Heartthrobs series and released earlier this week.

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

He’s the bane of her existence. She’s the reason for his.

Most people at the office consider me a nice guy, friendly even—everyone, that is, except for the graphic designer. Lexi Sinclair branded me the enemy from the day I challenged her designs in a critical meeting. Despite her skill in crafting stunning visuals, I'm the gatekeeper of what ultimately makes it to our platforms. As the marketing director, I'm not just her boss by title; I define the strategy. Yet, she resists me at every opportunity, a challenge I'm tempted to sidestep—before she gets under my skin.

Fate, however, delights in complications. It starts with a blind date, and who else shows up but Lexi? As if that's not bad enough, she becomes my temporary neighbor in adjoining townhouses. I play my music loud, she craves silence—my uncontrolled Great Dane destroys her porch plants. And now our confrontations spill from the boardroom to our shared driveway, turning every encounter into a battleground.

Yet, beneath her frosty exterior lies something unexpectedly fragile, revealed as life throws its harsh realities and forces us to rely on each other. With every heated exchange, our reasons for rivalry blur, and I can't pinpoint when we shifted from foes to something resembling friends.

As our defenses crumble, sparks ignite and suddenly we breathe the same air. I realize then that she’s everything I didn’t know I needed, and my world can’t function without Lexi in it. I may never fully understand Lexi Sinclair, but perhaps that's not necessary. Maybe I’m meant to be hers, blindly.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

It's obvious to everyone around Nico and Lexi that there are sparks between the two of them, which makes this an even more fun book to read when they start off as heated rivals. I love the workplace setting and how they're able to carry this dynamic into work and their personal lives. Throw in some matchmaking, meddling, and friends who can call them out on their behaviour, and this book is sheer humour from start to finish. Beyond the prickly exteriors of the characters, we get to look underneath and see wounded hearts that are waiting to be healed by God's redemptive love. Lexi comes across as fiercely guarded yet with a heart as grand as her ability to capture people on film. Nico is the perfect counterpart by exhibiting deep loyalty and servant-heartedness just when Lexi needs it most. Together, the characters provide just enough give-and-pull in their witty conversations to keep the momentum going.

I was curious as to how the author would address and resolve their reporting situation at work, and I'm grateful that she developed a creative solution that resulted in some funny work scenes. As some colleagues state in the book, it's quite entertaining just to see how Nico and Lexi bicker with each other while demonstrating that they truly care for each other underneath the teasing. As a result, it's easy to cheer for them as Nico and Lexi learn about forgiveness, acceptance, and unconditional love from God while volunteering for activities, stepping in for friends, and managing strained family relations. If you're looking for some off-the-charts chemistry between digital marketers, there is plenty of romance and revelation in Yours Blindly.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian as a Genre

I've always found it interesting that Christianity as its own genre can be used across music, film, books, and virtually most forms of artistic or creative expression. While most secular items tend to be labelled by their style, works produced by Christians tend to get labelled by the faith of the one producing it. I remember seeing an article years ago about how the Grammys  put Christian artists under the genre of Gospel and Contemporary Christian who would then be further separated out by their musical style, such as Gospel, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Country, etc. I can't recall the specifics of the article, but I believe that the author of the article thought it was both a little unfair that artists would be lumped together in a giant pool despite varying styles or backgrounds, and that it was also a label that didn't really tell audiences what they would be getting, other than Christian content. I wish I could remember a bit more, but as I read it in passing, the only thou...