Skip to main content

Review: The Wisdom Pyramid

The Wisdom Pyramid book cover on blue background

Not only does The Wisdom Pyramid by Brett McCracken have a stunning and memorable cover, but its content is just as clear and striking. I'm always a fan of when book covers can bring to life the concepts within the book, making this image one to recall when considering the sources of wisdom in life.

I am grateful to Crossway for providing a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Book Synopsis

We're facing an information overload.

With the quick tap of a finger we can access an endless stream of addictive information―sports scores, breaking news, political opinions, streaming TV, the latest Instagram posts, and much more. Accessing information has never been easier―but acquiring wisdom is increasingly difficult.

In an effort to help us consume a more balanced, healthy diet of information, Brett McCracken has created the “Wisdom Pyramid.” Inspired by the food pyramid model, the Wisdom Pyramid challenges us to increase our intake of enduring, trustworthy sources (like the Bible) while moderating our consumption of less reliable sources (like the Internet and social media). At a time when so much of our daily media diet is toxic and making us spiritually sick, The Wisdom Pyramid suggests that we become healthy and wise when we reorient our lives around God―the foundation of truth and the eternal source of wisdom.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This is a book that I've seen great reviews for over the past year, so I'm thankful that I was able to read it and glean some practical insights from it. I loved the breakdown of wisdom categories and enjoyed seeing how they fit together as a pyramid. Akin to the food pyramid, the analogy of where we should find our sources of wisdom and truth made sense in light of having the Bible as our foundation and the core component of our spiritual understanding. The other levels that comprised the pyramid demonstrated how Christians can become enriched by community, nature, and books. Learning from one another is such a gift where wise counsel can be obtained from the other sources that God has made available to us.

The chapter on beauty was quite riveting, revealing how God has created humanity to be able to take in various forms of beauty, whether through art, creation, music, or more. Another interesting inclusion was on the Internet and social media and the role that they can play in our lives. Detailing wise practices on how to consume such information, the author connected these daily realities to thoughtful reflections on how believers can be mindful in our approach toward them. Readers looking for a down-to-earth guide on how to live as wise Christians will find much to learn from in The Wisdom Pyramid, with a strong emphasis on basing our wisdom on what God has revealed to us in the Bible.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...