Skip to main content

Review: The Pastor's Hope

The Pastor's Hope book cover on blue background

Meghann Whistler is one of the authors that was first introduced to me by LibraryThing, and I'm grateful that I've been able to follow her books ever since! She still stands out to me as writing some of the best medical scenes I've come across, and it's always a treat to get to enjoy each new release. The Pastor's Hope is her latest Love Inspired title, and the cover is quite fun with all of the blue 💙

Many thanks to Meghann Whistler and LibraryThing for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Book Thoughts content is also posted on LibraryThing.

Book Synopsis

Can they let go of the past… to find a fresh start?

When pastor Nate Anderson says yes to being his father’s best man, he certainly doesn’t expect to be matched up with the maid of honor. The widowed single dad has been alone a long time but has never wanted to give his heart to anyone. Thankfully, recent widow Amanda Kobayashi feels the same way. But when Nate and Amanda are forced to take dance lessons before the wedding, there’s an undeniable connection between them. Can they ever overcome their losses and give love a second chance?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

If you've read Meghann Whistler's previous books, you'll enjoy getting to see cameos from her previous stories. It was a pleasant surprise to encounter those characters again and to see them play a role in Nate and Amanda's interactions. I loved the representation of Asian Americans through the Kobayashi family, and Ivy was simply an adorable character who brought charm and levity to the story as Amanda's precocious daughter. The scenes with Nate and his father stood out to me as it depicted a pastor in his more vulnerable moments, providing a glimpse into his humanity beyond the pulpit. I appreciated that he came across as a true shepherd of his congregation, elevating the role of pastoral care beyond simply a duty. As a result, Nate came across as a genuinely kind man called into ministry for the right reasons, which was reflected in how he raised his son, Hayden, as well.

The pacing of this book allowed for both romance and spiritual growth to take place, along with lessons around forgiveness and letting go of bitterness and hurt by entrusting them to God. Though Amanda initially runs away from her problems, the author takes her through a journey of maturity that is reflective of how we might try to address things in our own strength as well. Reading about the complex emotions of a widower and a widow, I found this book to be insightful and gracious when tackling sensitive topics like medical guilt, resentment, and blame. Readers looking for a redemptive story about flawed characters who hold on tightly to God amid tragic circumstances will enjoy the hope that comes from believing that He is still doing a good work in us.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...