Skip to main content

Review: Love and Christmas Cookies - Christmas in Garland #5

Love and Christmas Cookies book cover on blue background

Is it possible to love a Christmas book any more than this when it's based on Pride and Prejudice?! And when there are cookies involved? I think not 😄

This fifth book in the Christmas in Garland series, Love and Christmas Cookies by A.M. Heath, knocked it out of the park for me by demonstrating why this is such a beloved Christmas collection of stories.

Book Synopsis

There’s only one rule in business: Do NOT fall in love with the competition!

After years of loyalty, Kate Leverett is outraged when the owner of the Cookie Tin plans to sell it out from underneath her. She now has two months to prove she deserves the shop and is not letting anyone stand in her way. Least of all her meddling stepmother or the handsome man waiting to take her place.

Wade Matthews leaves behind his aunt’s cupcake empire to build his own cookie chain. His plan hits a snag when he unintentionally dissolves a longstanding agreement. To right the wrong, he’s managing the store while the local sweetheart competes to steal it away from him.

Kate can’t get Wade to agree on anything, from marketing strategies to cookie designs. Time is running out and there may be more than ownership on the line.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

I am so grateful that I got to return to Garland, Tennessee for another delightful Christmas tale! As always, A.M. Heath is exceptional at transporting readers to a charming small town where the residents care for one another, and the main characters earnestly desire to become more sanctified in their Christian walks. I loved meeting Kate and Wade and seeing how the story of Pride and Prejudice played out in their romance, especially with all of the fun Easter eggs hidden throughout the book. The title of this book not only made me hungry for cookies, but it made me excited to see how in the midst of difficult circumstances, the characters demonstrated love toward each other.

The spiritual content is well balanced with the honest struggles that Wade and Kate face, with both taking their fears and hopes to God in prayer. The supporting characters—which in this case include Sarah Grace and Todd acting as Jane and Bingley—are lovely and a huge encouragement to Wade and Kate as they grapple to make sense of what's happening in their hearts and with the cookie shop. Family tensions are accurately depicted, and I appreciate that the author takes the time to address unhealthy relational dynamics. Even if we know what happens between Darcy and Elizabeth, this book avoids the predictable, making it a wonderful surprise to see how the story progresses. Readers wanting a satisfying Jane Austen experience mixed with sweet treats will find much to fall for in Love and Christmas Cookies.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

The Rise and Fall

I've shared before that being on Threads has been an interesting experience. It's certainly helpful in better understanding book trends as a whole, but a lot of the controversies I read about about are—in a word—awful. Awful for readers and authors alike, which is somehow a unique shared experience. I suppose that with symbiosis, when one falters, it affects the other. I'm likely not alone in my observation that there appears to be a lot more authors who are caught in the crosshairs of being popular one day and then being cancelled the next day. It's an interesting phenomenon where, with shared accountability, there is an increased demand that authors get things right, which I can't fault or disagree with. However, the speed at which the tides turn amazes me where people will spend a lot of time and resources on a particular author, only to "dump" them as soon as there is a hint (or more, way more) of controversy. I'm not questioning whether it's l...