Skip to main content

Review: Unoffendable

Unoffendable book cover on blue background

Since I'm slowing down on reviewing audiobooks, I will share that I have a print copy of Unoffendable by Brant Hansen; however, due to his vocal talent (being a radio personality will do that to you 😄), I will definitely recommend the audiobook version as he truly brings the text to life with his characteristic humour and comedic timing in sharing stories.

Book Synopsis

Unoffendable, now revised and updated with two new chapters, gives you a concrete, practical way to live life with less stress. In our easily offended, cancel-culture society, learn how to replace perpetual frustration and anger with refreshing humility and gratitude.

It turns out giving up your "right" to be offended can be one of the most freeing, healthy, simplifying, relaxing, refreshing, stress-relieving, encouraging things you can do. It's a radical, provocative idea: We're not entitled to get offended or stay angry. The idea of our own "righteous anger" is a myth. It is the number one problem in our societies today and, as Dallas Willard says, Christians have not been taught out of it. But what if Christians were the most unoffendable people on the planet?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

This is a book that I have as a paperback; however, I am especially grateful to have been able to hear it on audiobook as the author truly brought the nuances of his words to life. Hearing this book being read felt like listening to an entertaining podcast and a convicting sermon at the same time. The self-deprecating humour, the relatable remarks, and the witty truths all made the concept of being unoffendable even more real. Brant's radio personality shines forth and takes readers on a journey of what it could look like to go through the day and not be offended by everything that happens to us or around us.

Truthfully, I needed this book. It is so easy for my sense of justice to be on high alert, reminding me of all the ways that people or things fall short and to become upset as a result. In reading this book, I can see how utterly exhausting this is for a Christian, especially when we know that this world is a fallen place. This book delves into strategies to prevent us from going down this path in our hearts and minds, but what is most encouraging is the deep dive throughout the Bible to see how we should respond and how God would have us conduct ourselves. This book is practical yet it is more than a self-help book; instead, Unoffendable points us to the God who can set us free from this trap by taking the offenses on Himself and perfectly dealing with them on our behalf.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 🎧
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Life Up North

I'm going to go against my previous posts about keeping my opinions to myself on things outside of faith and reading by sharing some of my recent experiences instead. I figure that if we read fiction to broaden our understanding of other perspectives that it might be worthwhile for me to share how things have been for me as a non-representative Canadian (I'm not speaking for anyone else here!) 😄 I'll be honest in that it's been tough in the last few weeks and months. I've done my best to keep up my optimism and more importantly, my hope in Christ, Who is unchanging and steadfast. Rulers come and go, nations evolve and change, and politics can swing back and forth, but God is immutable and sovereign over all things. That being said, recent geopolitical factors have resulted in an emotional toll on me and a lot of the people I interact with in my life. While I am grateful that I can place my burdens at the foot of the cross, I recognize that others in my life have va...

Things I'm Not Supposed to Do

It's interesting to discover what people should be and shouldn't be doing when they share about books online. More and more, I feel like there can be a backlash against anything now, to the point where anyone with a passion for books can feel paralyzed in offering their own bookish content. For the large part, I try to tune out these things because it's ever-changing, and if it's not one thing, it'll be another. I'm sad when people feel stifled due to these capricious "rules" that half (if not more of) the time seem to keep people from excitedly engaging in what they love most. I'm thankful that I've received immense support from the reading community when I first started out, so I want to encourage anyone who is thinking of jumping in with their personal approach to books by sharing how I practically break the following ten rules covering things from content generation to materials access: I'm not supposed to use Canva for my book posts.  ...