Skip to main content

Review: Running Into You - Devine Family Series #1

Running Into You book cover on blue background

Happy release day! It's such a treat to be able to enjoy Canadian-authored books, especially when there are Easter eggs hidden in the book! Running Into You was such a fun book to read on a road trip, where I was able to complete it while travelling between provinces 🚗

Many thanks to the author for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own.

Content to be aware of: self-forgiveness, references to yoga and luck

Book Synopsis

Can a car accident possibly change your life for the better?

On the last day of school, Julie is looking forward to a break from her work as a second-grade teacher.

But when she and her brother get into a car accident, her world turns upside down in an instant. Julie is caught up in trying to forgive the other driver for what happened. And when sparks fly between Julie and Noah, who was also involved in the crash, she also has to figure out how to forgive herself for her role in the accident.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

Running Into You, the first book in the Devine Family Series, is a lovely summer book that explores the question of what it means to truly forgive and though unreferenced, how God can turn things around into good things for us as believers. I really enjoyed how the author was able to get into the mind of Julie and demonstrate how she felt at different times during her journey of forgiveness. I also liked how Noah provided support without overstepping his boundaries, making their relationship tender and edifying as they learn to trust in God for what's next for them.

The Devine family is such a delight that I'm grateful we will get to see more of them in subsequent books. Courtney Westerhof writes truly vibrant family scenes that make you feel like you're at the dinner table with them. Additionally, the other supporting characters shine as they help Julie and Noah through the aftermath of the car accident. For those wondering what love springing from a less than auspicious start could look like and how God can bring redemption from such a beginning, this is the book for you.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📖
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...