Skip to main content

Review: Persuaded by the Hero - Heroes of Freedom Ridge #11

Persuaded by the Hero book cover on blue background

The next book in the Heroes of Freedom Ridge series is Persuaded by the Hero by Elle E. Kay and it's a delightful story about second chances and redemption.

Book Synopsis

His decision changed their lives. Her decision will decide their future.

Bryce hasn’t laid eyes on Sabrina in three years despite visiting Freedom Ridge every Christmas. Not that he could blame her for avoiding him. He left town in a hurry and without a backward glance. He isn’t the same irresponsible kid from back then—the Army changed him. But convincing her to trust him again will be a challenge.

Avoiding the man she’d once loved every Christmas season was one thing, but now he's back. And he's her boss. Sabrina isn’t prepared to work for Bryce. Their story might have derailed three years earlier, but her humiliation feels fresh. Had God rescued her only to throw her back into the mouth of a hungry lion?

They soon discover time apart didn’t dim their chemistry and long for buried feelings rise to the surface, but will they have a second chance at romance or is the risk of involving him in her son’s life too great?

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

Bryce and Sabrina's second chance at their relationship is a sweet journey of forgiveness, trust, and commitment. Readers have the opportunity to see pain confronted head-on along with the conscious decision to work through issues. In that, this is a lovely story of redemption. Persuaded by the Hero also puts a spotlight on the dangers of town gossip and how that can affect people's lives. Elle E. Kay does a wonderful job of showing the difficult road to overcoming addictions and how God can give strength to people in their daily battles.

As always, it's delightful to see how characters from the previous stories appear and how they support Bryce and Sabrina as they navigate something new together. Isaiah 40:31 is referenced as to God's timing being perfect and it's apparent that rushed decisions can lead to hurtful consequences. Sabrina's attitude and behaviour for most of the book do come across a little strong; however, I greatly appreciated that Bryce's responses were patient and loving. Overall, the ending is worth waiting for and a great return back to Freedom Ridge with a clear Gospel presentation included.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📱
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: Jesus Ate Carbs

It can be easy to think that we just need the right ingredients, meals, and diet plans that will suddenly transform our bodies. However, Jesus Ate Carbs by Abbie Frye probes deeper beyond a physical transformation to a spiritual one that invites God into every aspect of our lives. Obviously not limited to carbs (and acknowledging that allergies exist), this book is one that makes us probe a little deeper about why we eat, what needing to eat says about our relationship with our Creator, and how we can eat in alignment with His original design for it. Many thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : heavy reliance on Ruth Haley Barton; theology around sentence of “God reveres us and is in awe of us ” (pg. 130); contemplative spirituality practices; direct messages from God to the author, such as “God told me that He has me in the ministry of reconciliation” (pg. 180)...