Skip to main content

Review: Seaside Letters - Nantucket Series #3

Seaside Letters book cover on blue background

I've enjoyed getting to share and re-read some of my favourite books these past weeks, especially as I'm being introduced to a lot of new authors. Going back and forth has been quite fun, and I have to admit that it's made me more cognizant of the similarities and differences in Christian fiction between then and now. One of my favourite books from the aughts is Seaside Letters by Denise Hunter, which has a gorgeous cover (that pink!) and an even dreamier premise.

Book Synopsis

No matter where you are or how long until we can be together, I'll keep searching for you. —Tucker

Sabrina never intended to fall in love with Tucker McCabe, the man she serves coffee to every morning at a Nantucket café—especially since he's unwittingly tied to a past she deeply regrets. A past that is so riddled with mistakes, it has separated her from God. But she's fallen hard and isn't sure how long she can hide her feelings.

When Tucker learns Sabrina is the research assistant for a local mystery writer, he asks Sabrina to help him with a little sleuthing of his own . . . locating an elusive woman he's fallen for online.

If Sabrina accepts the job, she'll spend her evenings in close proximity to a man who can never be hers. If she turns him down, he'll hire someone else—and that would be a disaster. Because if someone else sifts through all those letters and finds out the truth, Tucker will discover her secret . . . that the person he's trying to find is her.

Source: Amazon

Book Thoughts

If I had to pick a book that could sum up how I feel about all of Denise Hunter’s books, I would choose Seaside Letters as the reason why I continue to read her books, almost fifteen years after coming across the Nantucket series. This book is eminently re-readable in that no matter how often I've read it, I feel all the emotions I did when I first encountered it. Sabrina and Tucker are one of those couples where their story is achingly painful yet so beautifully redemptive that it lingers in your mind. The amount of yearning that is written in this book captures the heart of romance, making the journey both riveting and satisfying.

Whenever I pick up this book, I am blown away at how the multiple timelines and epistolary content all line up with each other. With this book being written around the advent of more frequent digital communications, it is both a step into the past and a reflection of our present times where online correspondence often plays a role in building relationships. I won't give too much of the story away, other than to say that there is something deeply spiritual about the pursuit that takes place between Tucker and Sabrina; it is well worth the ride they go on! This book does not shy away from difficult content—showing how God can work in any situation—which is one of the reasons why it continues to stand out for me.

Book Summary

  • Format of book: 📖
  • Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Recommendation: 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...