Skip to main content

I Read Canadian Day

I Read Canadian bookstack filled with books written by Canadian authors against white blanket on wooden chair

Today is I Read Canadian Day! According to the website, I Read Canadian Day is a national celebration of Canadian books for young people, with the goal of elevating the genre and celebrating the breadth and diversity of these books. The goal is to have students reading a Canadian book for 15 minutes today.

I thought I'd gather some of the Canadian Christian authors that I have on my bookshelves for the adult version of reading 15 minutes today. Here are some suggestions!
 
Christian Fiction:
📘 The Best of Intentions: Canadian Crossings #1 by Susan Anne Mason
📘 The Mozart Code by Rachel McMillan
📘 Ashton Park: Danforths of Lancashire #1 by Murray Pura

Christian Biographies:
📗 Anywhere, Anytime, Any Cost by A. Jean Barsness
📗 Window of Hope... and Reconcilation by Donald Gingras
📗 Fire Road: The Napalm Girl’s Journey through the Horrors of War to Faith, Forgiveness, and Peace by Kim Phuc Phan Thi

Other Canadian Christian authors not pictured:
📘 Anything by Janette Oke
📘 Anything by Sigmund Brouwer
📘 Faces: Corridor of Memories #1 by Chelsea Rae
📘 Anything by Nicole Lam
📘 Targeted Witness by Jacqueline Adam
📘 April Barcalow
📘 The Lies We Live by Morgan Taylor Giesbrecht
📘 Forged in Darkness by Kendra Warden
📘 Someone of Substance series by PD Janzen

Please let me know if I'm missing any others!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Didactic Scenes

I love researching and recently looked into Harlequin's Love Inspired line's submission guidelines to find out if there were certain parameters in the stories they accept and publish. One of the lines that stood out to me was: "Mandatory faith element that is integral to story and shows rather than tells, avoiding didactic, preachy tone or doctrinal language." This had me thinking about one of the cinematic attributes I've heard over the years between British and American movies and television, where one tends to show the story and have people reason it out, whereas the other can get into further detail, eliminating the need to piece things out as much when watching a story.  I wish I could find the source for this thought as it's shaped how I view and compare a lot of mysteries and dramas (I confess that I may be a tad too shy for British comedies)—broadly speaking, of course. As a result, I can understand how didactic language isn't always pleasant to s...

Lord of Our Entertainment

I have to give full credit for the title of this post to Heather Wood who used this phrase in an Instagram story to promote the #ClearlyChristianReadathon . Thank you for using this term as it's been in my head ever since I saw it! In thinking about what it means to have Jesus as the Lord of my life, this clearly and obviously extends to how I fill my time and what content I consume. Although my reasons for being more intentional with my reading were initially pragmatic (as in if I die soon, did I waste a lot of time in my life reading things that weren't even that great?), I also see how it can both reflect my walk with God and shape what it becomes. Though I'm sharing a lot of content about the Clearly Christian Readathon , I'm encouraged to think of all of my entertainment choices in the light of eternity. While I've certainly struggled with this at different times in my life, it's been hitting me in a different way now. I confess that even quite recently, ...