Skip to main content

Auto-Buy Authors

calligraphy pens on book beside inkwell

After celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving, I thought I would share my appreciation for some of the authors whose books have been a source of inspiration, hope, knowledge, and delight over the months, years, or in some cases, decades. The concept of having certain authors on auto-buy because all of their previous books have been just that stellar has been helpful to me as a reader as I am already familiar with them. Plus, it makes it incredibly easy to know which books to add to the wishlist!

Here are the auto-buy authors that are on my fiction list (so far!):

  • Historical
  • Contemporary
    • Tari Faris: I have read all of her books and own them all
    • Rachel Hauck: I have read most of her books and own most of them
    • Liwen Y. Ho: I have read all of her books and own some of them
    • Denise Hunter: I own all of her books, but have not yet read them all
    • Bethany Turner: I have read all of her books and own them all
    • Becky Wade: I own all of her books, but have not yet read them all
  • Both Historical and Contemporary
    • Pepper Basham: I have read some of her books and own all of them
    • Nicole Lam: I have read all of her books and own some of them
    • Gabrielle Meyer: I have read some of her books and own some of them
I'm grateful that I've been able to read such good titles from all of these authors, and look forward to what's next for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Christian as a Genre

I've always found it interesting that Christianity as its own genre can be used across music, film, books, and virtually most forms of artistic or creative expression. While most secular items tend to be labelled by their style, works produced by Christians tend to get labelled by the faith of the one producing it. I remember seeing an article years ago about how the Grammys  put Christian artists under the genre of Gospel and Contemporary Christian who would then be further separated out by their musical style, such as Gospel, Bluegrass, Rock, Pop, Country, etc. I can't recall the specifics of the article, but I believe that the author of the article thought it was both a little unfair that artists would be lumped together in a giant pool despite varying styles or backgrounds, and that it was also a label that didn't really tell audiences what they would be getting, other than Christian content. I wish I could remember a bit more, but as I read it in passing, the only thou...