Skip to main content

Bookstores Galore

Fiction and Literature section of an Indigo bookstore focused on C authors

If I get to visit a bookstore on the weekends, I'll try to go to a mix of new and used bookstores. This past weekend, I went to a local Indigo store (I remember when they were called Chapters!) and took a look at some of the new fiction releases.

Romance section of an Indigo bookstore focused on W authors

Since Christian books are no longer separated into their own category, as was previously done under the Faith and Spirituality section, it's more of a hunt to find them. I was able to spot a few, including Patti Callahan Henry and Kristy Cambron under the Fiction & Literature section, and Bethany Turner under the Romance section.

I've only read The Paris Dressmaker and Plot Twist so far, but I recommend them both! I have several of Patti Callahan Henry's books, so this is a good reminder to add them to the TBR 😊

On that note, since Christian books are sometimes difficult to find in unmarked sections of bookstores (more so Christian fiction although this Indigo did place the Christian non-fiction under the New Age banner—uhh), might I recommend the Get It Local. Today! site? There's quite a number of bookstores listed on its store directory, although some more independent stores may not be included. It sure shows me how many Christian bookstores still exist!

Another blog that I closely follow is Christian Book Shop Talk, for all news about Canadian Christian bookstores. It's always interesting to see how Christian bookstores fare in Canada, and to be inspired to visit them when I travel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Book Review Programs

Over time, I've been on the hunt for Christian book review programs that readers can join. As a result, I've been able to compile the following list which may be of interest if you are seeking review copies of Christian books. This list mostly applies to print and ebooks, although some publishers offer audiobooks as well. If further information is available for any of the publishers below (or any missing publishers), please let me know as I am happy to update this list—thank you! Please note that you can also search for these publishers on NetGalley and other review sites in case there are no review programs available to you or you don't qualify for one 😊 List last updated: September 23, 2026 Christian Publishers 10ofThose Availability: U.S., Canadian, and U.K. residents Format: Only books published by 10ofThose qualify for review requests so as to avoid impeding with other Christian book review programs Genre: Christian non-fiction, children's books Email for availabi...

Reader Identity

The more I share my book thoughts and reviews, the more amazed I am at how many readers there are out there and just how many people enjoy talking about the books they're reading. Quite frankly, I'm blown away by the notion that there are people actively wanting to adopt the persona of being a reader, whereas I remember growing up, it was stigmatized as either boring or 'nerdy'. I used to cringe when I was in a position where I was asked to share about my hobbies as reading seemed to generate a sort of response where others would murmur about how they didn't know that people did that for fun. To be fair, this might have been some of the social circles or settings I've been a part of over the years, but I think reading has generally become more mainstream now. Thankfully, I can let people know that I spend almost all of my free time reading (amongst other things), and others don't seem to bat an eye anymore. While I have seen some content that discourages peo...

Review: All the Suspects on Campus - A Christie Club Mystery #1

As soon as I saw the premise for All the Suspects on Campus by Heather Day Gilbert , I knew that I had to read the first book in the Christie Club Mystery series . And what a delight this book is with the characters brimming to life with their own quirks and a plot that takes you all over the place. It doesn't release until January 26, 2027, but I'm certain that there will be much fanfare leading up until that time and beyond for mystery aficionados. Many thanks to Harlequin Books and NetGalley for providing a complimentary copy of this book for review consideration. All opinions are my own. Content to be aware of : This book is published under the Love Inspired Trade imprint; however, there is little faith content included. There is also a brief reference to the metaphysical. Book Synopsis A secret library. A murdered colleague. Can professor Jo Blue Oliver use her love of Agatha Christie to solve a case? Jo Blue Oliver, an outspoken English professor at a small West Virgin...